This are the 3 stages of a job interview
A job interview has 3 stages: pre-interview, the interview itself and post-interview. All these stages are important to succeed in the job interview and to get the job of your dreams.
Get to know the company. Do research on the company and position that your are interviewing for. Prepare answers for potential questions. There are always questions that come back like tell me something about yourself, why do you want the job, what are your strenghts, why should we hire you, … Do not forget to bring multiple copies of your resume and also bring a pen and notebook so you can take notes. Take care of your outfit and general presence. Do not be late! Calculate some extra time and be conscious of potential traffic.
It is all about the first impression!
- Display confidence through body language
- Make a lot of eye contact
- Present a strong handshake
- Be friendly and polite
Normally you have prepared the potential questions in the pre-interview.
Here are some more tips:
- Avoid negative statement. Always portrait yourself in a positive light and never talk bad about a former company or boss.
- Ask for some time to think if you need a second to formulate your thoughts.
- Be honest. Better to turn down a job you are not good match for than to quit after a short time.
- If you are unsure of what the interviewer is asking you, politely request a more detailed explanation.
- Focus on skills you can implement immediately.
- Give examples of situations where you developed, enhanced or used specific relevant skills.
- Wait until the end or at least half way through the interview to ask about the job´s financial particulars.
- Thank the interviewer for his or her time.
- Make a good final impression with a firm handshake and smile.
- Follow-up with a thank you e-mail, letter or phone call.
Soon a job interview?
Do you have a job interview? Do you have no idea what to wear? Let me help you!
Click here and fill in the form, or send me an e-mail email@example.com